[pxes-devel] USB Printer.
Andres Gomez Garcia
2005-10-21 15:04:48 UTC

could somebody guide me in order to make work a local USB printer with
PXES.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao.
--
Andrés Gómez García
Ingeniero en Informática
IGALIA, S.L. http://www.igalia.com
Andres Gomez Garcia
2005-11-17 15:48:06 UTC
Post by Andres Gomez Garcia
Hi,
could somebody guide me in order to make work a local USB printer with
PXES.
Finally, I've found the problem.

If you want to use an USB printer you have to force the printer module
for a client configuration file:

MODULES='printer'
export MODULES
LOCAL_PRINTER_DEVICE='/dev/usb/lp0'
export LOCAL_PRINTER_DEVICE

Also, if you want to share it through SAMBA with a "share" policy, you
have to set the guest account to "root" or have a way to change the
printer usb device file permissions in order to allow the mapped guest
account (usually "nobody") to write in this device file. So in
the /etc/samba/smb.conf.tpl it should appear:

guest account = root

I don't like to use the root account but it's the easiest way and we're
talking about a "read-only" client.

Suggestions are welcome.

Ciao.